I’ve had the best intentions to blog, vlog and instagram regularly but I guess life has got in the way. I’m hurtling towards thirty and I’ve been on a bit of a low about maybe not having achieved everything I wanted to by this stage in my life.
Many times I have written my bucket list or New Years resolutions and I start off okay and then after a week or so – everything gets forgotten.
I’ve searched for some inspiration, spent some time sat down and thinking and I think I have an actual plan to achieve what I would like to. This year is a big deal to me and I want to make the most of it. I have identified 30 things that I would like to do before I turn 30 and I have actually split each goal into small steps in my journal. My aim is to every week or month tick one of the small steps off towards each goal in the hope that will encourage me to keep going and complete the goals. Perhaps previously, I have set goals that were not eaily achievable and have been put off. That’s why I thought little steps to achieve each goal might help.
So here we go, here’s my 30:
- See my friend Laura in Glasgow (I’ve never been to Scotland)
- See my friend Zoe in Birmingham again
- Be able to drive anywhere (really nervous driver after an accident)
- Get in shape
- Hold a Christmas party
- Have a fun 30th Birthday party
- Have quarterly nights out – proper nights out
- Get pregnant
- Finally learn to ride a bike
- Read a book a month
- Hold a dinner party
- Do a piano exam
- Do a few of my bucket list goals
- Learn to juggle – random, I know
- Do regular volunteer work
- Have professional photos done
- Go full on Black Friday shopping
- Go to at least 3 gigs I want to go to
- Go to Escape Rooms – looks awesome
- Go on a spontaneous trip
- Take a class / learn something new
- Do the Couch to 5K
- Grow something I can eat
- Explore my own city
- Take Duke to some dog- fun activities (treasure hunt, etc)
- Organise a fundraiser
- Take the care home I do some work at on a night out – treat everyone
- Have a successful blog, vlog and instagram
- Learn a language / get better at one I used to know
- Get a massage
I am definitely this time going to take time every month to assess how far I have got with my list.
Really want this year to count 🙂 Wish me luck!