Hope you’re all good?
I’ve just sat down to look at the goals that I set myself to see what I had been following:
- Listen to a new band I have never heard before – not been doing this – must start!
- Try a food I haven’t tried before – every now and then I am but it’s not a weekly thing – must work on it
- Read a new blog – definitely doing this and I’m really enjoying it
- Try a new app – Probably a once a fortnight thing rather than weekly, will have another go at this
Every month I want to:
- Watch a new movie – definitely doing this
- Watch a couple of episodes of a TV series I wouldn’t normally try to watch – just started watching SuperGirl which is okay
- Try a new product – make up, household, etc – been trying a new face powder which is going ok
- Get a bit further with driving – unfortunately not yet but I am now driving at night and in the rain which is an improvement
We have quite a hectic schedule so I am working on ways of getting more organised. I’m going to try to:
- Do a food plan for a week to make sure we eat more at home than eat out which we seem to do a lot – we are doing this and always have backup dinners now in case our shifts get changed
- Plan my social media blogs – have started planning, just need to get a bit better
And on a normal day-to-day basis:
- Drink more water and less fizzy drinks – this varies on a day-to-day basis. One day I will just drink water, the next I go back to fizzy drinks
- Play the piano every day if possible – more like one a week at the moment still
- Spend at least 10 minutes a day shut off having quiet time to read or meditate – this I am doing and I am loving it. Either doing a jigsaw, colouring or reading – makes such a difference to how happy I am – really helps
- Deal with emails on a daily basis rather than let them build up – I’ve done this every day! It’s such a great feeling to see an empty inbox
- Go through training with Duke – Not every day which I would like it to be – must work on this
- Work on my appearance bit – I’ve worn a few new outfits, must mix it up a bit more
- Actually follow a skincare routine for more than a day! – I’ve totally stopped this, must go back to it!
I set myself 30 goals for my 30th year too and I’ve started working on a few of these:
- Have quarterly nights out – proper nights out – I’ve actually just arranged a family occasion for April.
- Read a book a month – on my 2nd book of the year so far
- Grow something I can eat – I have the seeds and am planning on planting them this afternoon actually
- Explore my own city – I found a new shortcut to one of the places I work which involves a lovely river walk – I’ll take a photo next time
How are you all getting on with your 2017 goals? xx